What are cookies?
Types of cookies
The following types of cookies can generally be used:
- Strictly necessary/essential cookies which are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its chosen features.
- Performance cookies which collect information about how you use the website, for instance which pages you go to most often and which error messages from web pages you receive. These cookies are used to improve how the website works.
- Functionality cookies which allow the website to remember choices you make (such as the size of the text and other variables) and features (such as user name, language or location) to provide more personal ways to use the website.
- Targeting/advertising/behaviourally targeted advertising cookies which enable to show you personalised advertisements and conduct market research and analysis by using the data about your behaviour and interests received from the website. These cookies can remember that your device has visited a site or service, and may also be able to track your device’s browsing activity on other sites or services. The data received may be shared with advertising networks and advertising service providers.
- Multimedia cookies which store the technical information necessary for performing video or audio material, such as image quality, network speed and caching parameters.
- Social plug-ins to share content. Many social networks offer social plug-in modules which allow users of social networks to share content. Such plug-ins store cookies in the user’s terminal and have access to it in order for the social network to be able to identify its members who interact with these plug-ins.
If the cookie is essential for the service requested by you, your consent for the use of such cookie is not required.
First-party and third-party cookies
First-party cookies are cookies that belong to us. Third-party cookies are cookies that another party places on your device through our website. Third-party cookies may be placed on your device by someone providing a service for us, for example to help us understand how our website is being used. Third-party cookies may also be placed on your device by our business partners so that they can use them to advertise products and services to you elsewhere on the Internet.
Persistent and session cookies
The length of time a cookie will stay on your device depends on whether it is a persistent or session cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your device until they expire or are deleted.
Cookies used by us
We use the following cookies:
|Service provider||Cookie name||Cookie type||Expiration||Purpose|
|Provider 1||Name 1||Type 1||Time 1||Purp 1|
Changing your cookies’ settings
You can change your cookies’ setting and delete cookies through the settings of your web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome etc):
- Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Clear%20Recent%20History
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042